Re: [vox-tech] voodoo 3

ahhh... ok, i didn't remember that you're using the spicy chicken sandwich.
that really stinks.   it IS beta code though.

but i do have to agree with your sentiments -- i've been reading the same
spiel for over 6 months now.  it's disappointing they haven't gotten it to
be stable yet.

(but as a gamer, there is no substitute for full screen!)  :-)

maybe if you upgraded to xfree86 4.0?   i thought i saw the 2.4.0 kernel
mentioned something about the direct rendering interface.  i tried looking
for it briefly just now, but couldn't find it.  maybe i imagined it...

anyway, if you want to try the new kernel, i can email you my hacked 3dfx
driver for the voodoo3, which works with the new kernel.

pete