Re: [vox-tech] PPPd Issues

You've probably marked the ppp connections to startup at boot.  You can
disable this.  I usually do this via netcfg.

Redhat's dial-up script will detect modem disconnects and reconnect.  But
this "detection" takes a while.  You can adjust its detection time by
adjusting the TIMEOUT variable in the "ifup-ppp" script, I think.

-Mark

---
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/