Re: [vox-tech] Re-assigning Partitions

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Re-assigning Partitions
  • From: Mark Kim <mkkim@ucdavis.MAPSedu>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 17:07:13 -0800

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Patrick B. Lickiss wrote:

> If so, how do I fix this short of
> re-formatting and re-installing?

During the summer break I wanted to resize my partitions without
reinstalling Linux.  What I ended up doing is tar'ing up files and putting
them on a spare partition with lots of room, then fdisk'ing to resize
partitions and then untarring stuff.  It's possible to shuffle around
files to get the partition the size you want it to.  In your case, you can
copy the tarr'ed up files to your roommate's computer, repartition (except
for / so you can boot) then copy the files back.

-Mark

---
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/