Re: [vox-tech] Decompressing large files

Re: [vox-tech] Decompressing large files

Decompress creates intermediate data representations as part of its
decompression, which may be much greater in size than the corresponding
decompressed data.  Perhaps this intermediate data is tacked on to the
end of files it decompresses, thus potentially violating a file size
limit, but if you use -c it creates a separate temp file, which alone is
not enough to exceed the limit?   Just a guess.

--
opinions expressed here are not those of my employer!
email: rcook@llnl.gov          Rich Cook, Mail Stop L-551 Bldg-3577