Re: [vox-tech] Linux and exceed

What kind of "start method" are you using? I use Exceed 6.1 every day to
connect to AIX, Sun and Linux. I use REXEC to connect to AIX and Sun,
but I use telnet to connect to Linux. The only reason is that the sysadmin
has disabled RLOGIN, RSH and REXEC (or at least they are not configured
correctly).

What you specified below is the command string to issue once you
establish your connection. The error is due to how you establish your
connection.

If you can establish a simple telnet session (using the crappy windows
telnet client), try to set your "start method" to TELNET.

-Doug