Re: [vox-tech] Linux and exceed

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Jessica wrote:

> Exceed apparently has some issues with Linux. I don't know if it doesn't
> work at all, or if it just has a few problems. In any case, verion 7.0
> (the newest) is supposed to fix this.

I've used Exceed with Linux and it works fine.  I did have problems
connecting to the CS department.  It works with the ECE
department.  Exceed seems to have these little querks... eew.

If you want a simple X interface that can't be broken because it's so
simple, try MI/X:

   http://www.microimages.com/www/html/freestuf/mix/

It's free, it's simple, and it's really easy to use.  Start it up, then
telnet over, setup the display, and execute any app you want.  The only
thing I don't like is that it only comes with a TWM window manager.  The
doc says you can compile different window manager to work with it, but it
doesn't look very feasible...

-Mark

---
Mark K. Kim