Re: [vox-tech] PPPoE - Username and login?

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] PPPoE - Username and login?
  • From: Chris Lupo <lupoMAPS@ece.ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:12:14 -0700

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Mark Kim wrote:

> Do other Pacbell users have username and a password?

Yes, at least I do.

To have it connect at startup, I call the start script (adsl-start in my
case) in /etc/rc.d/rc.local

Another thing you might be interested in:  you obviously will have a
dynamic ip, so if you want to know what it is when you're, say, at school,
you can email your new ip to your school account.  So after you call the
connect script you can add a line something like this:

/sbin/ifconfig ppp0 | mail mark@school

I had thought about writing another script to check if my ip had changed
say every 10 minutes or so, but as it turns out my connection almost never
gets dropped.  So I didn't bother.

-- Chris