Re: [vox-tech] PPPoE - Username and login?

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Mark Kim wrote:
>
> > I was looking through the PPPoE setup on my Mandrake 7.1, and the only
> > menu I see is the username and the password screen.  Well, I don't have
> > any username and I don't have any password.  So what does this mean?  Can
> > PPPoE work without username/password?
>
> Theoretically, yes.  In practice, PBI requires them.  You just don't know
> what yours is.

Dang it... so I have to call Pacbell again... Thanks for the info!

> > Also, how do I start/stop this service automatically at startup?
>
> Same as any service?

Well, I wasn't sure what script to start.  Anyway, I had this bright idea
to use the help button and it tells you everything :P

> > Anyone with experience?
>
> Only on LRP, and briefly at that... but it worked.

I gotta figure out which package Linuxconf uses to configure pppoe...

Thanks, Jeff!

-Mark

---
Mark K. Kim