Re: [vox-tech] I can't be out of space; I have inodes left!

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Harry Souders wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 08:30:38PM -0700, Nicole Carlson wrote:
> > I'm trying to delete /redhat/* and use that partition for /home , a
> > brilliant idea somewhat hampered by mv's reluctance to move directories
> > across filesystems.  I'll think of something eventually. [2]
> > But thanks for all the help!
>
> Here's a couple of suggestions for the partition:
>
> Borrow Partition Magic from someone and resize the partitions (maybe
> FIPS would work?)

unfortunately no.  fips doesn't work on ext2 partitions.

nicole, if you're having problems mv'ing directories across filesystems, you
should seriously think about updating debian.  much to my surprise, when i
installed 2.2 (stable release), mv was able to do this.

pete