RE: [vox-tech] minor success with dvd

yup.  i got back many very helpful replies, and all of them said the same
thing -- they gave me instructions on how to get past the hurdle and then
said "but you'll run into such-and-such problem after you fix this one".
and they were right.   as far as i can tell, none of them actually got livid
to compile.

but at this point, the question is moot.  vlc works great.  i can watch
dvd's no problem!

pete