Re: [vox-tech] rsh and PVM3

Nicole Carlson <nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu> writes:
> On 9 Oct 2000, Ricardo Anguiano wrote:
> > Since ssh is a drop in replacement for rsh you can also just replace rsh
> > with ssh.  Anyone object?
>
> Sure, it'll work as long as pvm3 knows about it (and as long as everyone
> has everyone else's host key, etc...), but that may be a big if.

The app should not need to know.  cp ssh rcp and rsh host1 should work
like rsh with ssh benefits.  Change the conf files on the machines so
that hosts.equiv is honored.

Getting the host keys distributed should not be so bad.  It can probably
be done manually beforehand.  Even better it can probably be scripted.

I am assuming that pvm3 is using the external rsh program and not some
internal implementation.

-Ricardo