Re: [vox-tech] Flat Panel and Linux

On Sat, 7 Oct 2000, Jay Strauss wrote:

> The saga continues:
>
> 1) I made a mistake, I'm running v3.3.6-20 of the X rpms
> 1) Do I need to upgrade?

Cool.  There's no need to upgrade.  3.3.6 supports your video card.

> Lastly, I've reinstalled a couple of times and during the installation the
> configuration always recognizes my card as a G400, and when I use a CRT I can
> get X running (although on certain gateway monitors I never get all the useable
> space, but that's another issue).

Great.  Try this:

  1. Run Xconfigurator or XF86Setup to configure X.  Define LCD as your
     monitor type (1024x768, or however big of a resolution your monitor
     and the video card can support).

  2. Edit the file "/etc/X11/XF86Config".  Find the line "VertRefresh NN-NN"
     and change it to read "VertRefresh 59-61"

Reboot.  Try Ctrl-Alt-Num+ (Num+ is the "plus" key on the number pad) or
Ctrl-Alt-Num- to try different resolutions.

Let us know whether this works or not.  If not, let us know what the
symptoms are.

---
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/