Re: [vox-tech] zip drive and USB questions

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] zip drive and USB questions
  • From: Henry House <hajMAPShouse@houseag.com>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 14:11:07 -0700

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 12:58:41PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> does anyone know the answer offhand to the following quick questions:
>
> 1. are parallel port zip drive hot-swappable?
Officially, no. I've done it, though.

> 2. are there USB zip drives and do they currently work under linux?
Yes and probably. Grab kernel 2.2.18prewhatever and the docs there should
tell you something. 2.2.17 and earlier don't have the backport of the better
USB code from kernel 2.4. I think there is also a Sourceforge project to
co-ordinate USB driver development but the URL escapes me right now.

> 3. are USB peripherals are hot swappable?
Yes, that's the whole point of USB.

--
Henry House