Re: [vox-tech] Flat Panel and Linux

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Henry House wrote:

> I doubt some of thes conclusions. AFAIK, many (most?) flat panels are
> fixed-sync, fixed-res devices from the video card's perspective. And as
> long as you use EXACTLY the right modelines in the conffile, you can use a
> regular X server. (I use non-fbdev X servers on my Mac notebook and my Alpha,
> both of which have fixed-sync monitors).

My laptop monitor is supposed to be 60Hz but I had to make X work with 59
to 61Hz to make it work in 800x600.  Just so everyone knows...

By the way, regarding my previous posting -- I thought about it for a
second and the monitor extension cables they sell I don't think is 10
meters long.  So never mind.

-Mark

---
Mark K. Kim