Re: [vox-tech] debian + apache

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000 hajhouse@houseag.com wrote:

> On  4 Oct, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > where is apache getting "/usr/lib/cgi-bin"?  is this something that might
> > have been compiled into apache?
>
> /ets/apache/srm.conf
>
> > also, when i had DSL & suse, i set the cgi-bin directory with ScriptAlias.
> > now, under debian, a ScriptAlias in httpd.conf causes a syntax error.
>
> Try it in srm.conf instead.

Since Apache 1.3.4, only httpd.conf is necessary.  According to
my httpd.conf, srm.conf and access.conf are distributed empty now.
However, httpd.conf can be configured to include them, so you might indeed
find information in them.

According to my Apache book, there is nothing inherent in Apache that
decides to use a cgi-bin directory.