Re: [vox-tech] NIC cards and Autodetection

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] NIC cards and Autodetection
  • From: "Jay Strauss" <jstrauss@bazillMAPSion.com>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 18:47:44 -0700

I have a netgear FA311.  I don't think I have a monolithic kernel (not sure, I'm
using RH6.2 out of box).

I downloaded the driver and associated header files for the driver, but as usual
it didn't work.  After I complied the driver (according to directions) when I do
a "depmod -a" the driver has "unresolved symbols".

I can't believe that linux just brute forces configuring a NIC by trying all the
drivers in /lib/..../net directory, but I think your right, cause I get the same
error "unresolved symbols" during boot.

How do I go about figuring this out?

Jay

Jay Strauss