Re: [vox-tech] newbie regexp question

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Jay Strauss wrote:
> Since you don't identify the file (I'm not sure where the "<>" will read), lets
> say I had a file at /home/jstrauss/FileToBeRead.txt, how would I read an entire
> file into the variable?

<> defaults to STDIN, but it'll also read from whatever $_ is set
to.  Pass in your file on the command line, and <> will IIRC automatically
read from that.
Or you could explicitly have it read from $filename with <filename>
instead of <>.

--nicole twn

***
"If it wasn't for disappointments, I wouldn't have any appointments."
--They Might Be Giants