January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] samba question

Mytho_X@pacbell.net wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Samba will use one of at least three options for passwords.  The samba web
> site (http://www.samba.org) is a great resource as well as the man page.
> One option lets you use the password file from the server that samba is
> running on, another option lets you use a NT server for password
> authentication and the third option lets you specify your own password list
> to use with samba.  I believe share level is the option you want, but I am
> not positive.

I've got the samba server configured to verify from /etc/smbpasswd and can use
smbclient to access my home directory from another Linux box. I've even double
checked and reset the smbpasswd file with the smbpasswd <user> command, so I
know the user-passwords are in sync. Windows still turns up its nose. Hmph!

> As, far as outlook and exchange is concerned, I support them both and would
> recomend looking into HP OpenMail as it is the only crossplateform groupware
> program that has all of the feature that you may want.
>
> Stephen

Good to here it. I would hate to have to run an exchange server just to support
a calendar and task list. Thanks!

Eric

--
Eric K. Engelhard, Ph.D.