Re: [vox-tech] power supply

thanks, foo!

this is the first use i've ever heard of for radio shack...  :)

if i add just 1 more device, do you think the power draw of a non-operating
device but plugged in peripheral would smoke my supply?

in other words, if my machine has 4 power connectors, and i add a 5th, would
my power supply go belly up just on the base non-operating base draw of
current of a plugged in device?

i could just make sure to not run the cdrom drive, cdr/w, jaz drive, floppy
drive, and my 2 hard drives at the same time...  more realistically, only
the hard drive and cdrom drive would be running at the same time.

i know there's no warrantee here, but do you have any experience with adding
1 more device to a system?

just plugged in my cdr/w and jaz drive.   i have to say, when something
works in linux, there's nothing easier in the whole wide world.  opening my
computer's case was a LOT harder than getting the cdr/w and jaz drive to work
properly...

pete

One world, one web, one program. -- Microsoft Ad Campaign            _
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer. -- Nazi Ad Campaign                ._.
<=>+/\/-=Prevent world domination, Install Linux today!=-\/\+<=>    /v\
http://landau.ucdavis.edu/psalzman          p@belial.ucdavis.edu   // \\
  The best way to accelerate a win95 system is at 9.81 m/s^2       rules