Re: [vox-outreach] Ubuntu 10.04 Installfest at Noisebridge (SanFrancisco), Sunday May 30th, 11-5

Re: [vox-outreach] Ubuntu 10.04 Installfest at Noisebridge (SanFrancisco), Sunday May 30th, 11-5

Hi Alex,

While this particular event is being promoted as an Ubuntu release
event, in part because it's a good excuse, nobody that wants any other
distribution you care to think of will be turned away.  I regularly
attend the http://noisebridge.net hosted Linux discussion group held
every Wednesday between 6 & 8.  Noisebridge also hosts a group meeting
Tuesdays and Fridays focused on Red Hat certification.  I also run a
small LUG for the Diablo Valley meeting every Friday in Walnut Creek
that welcomes all distros. http://dvlug.org

If you are willing to promote your event as containing Ubuntu please
add it to the team projects list at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/ and announce it on
ubuntu-us-ca@lists.ubuntu.com and during our IRC meetings every other
Sunday night at 7 PM.  For Fedora there is no local structure that I
am aware of, only a global mail list.

Grant Bowman
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors
http://en.opensuse.org/Ambassadors