2009 Mar 23 10:56

[vox-outreach] ~160 TheOpenCDs wasted

I discovered nearly 160 TheOpenCDs (also acted as Ubuntu live CDs)
that we received from Canonocial for Software Freedom Day in 2005.

It was very depressing to have to dispose of them... they're so old that
they're not worth distributing, at this point.  We need to be really
vigilant when it comes to not wasting stuff... esp. high-quality production
stuff that was generously donated to us!!!

The only mention of SFD that I see in the meeting minutes from back then
is mention that it's _going_ to happen, at one of the August meetings.
(No report of how it went in the Sept. minutes.)  So I'm not sure how many
discs we received -- but I doubt it would've been more than 200 or 250.

In the future, we really need to keep better track of stuff like that,
and be sure to bring them to meetings and other events, so that people
have a chance to grab them before they become 4 years obsolite. :( :(