[vox-outreach] Materials needed for LUGOD at the Yolo County ChildDevelopment Conference

[vox-outreach] Materials needed for LUGOD at the Yolo County ChildDevelopment Conference

The Linux Users' Group of Davis will be attending this year's
Yolo County Child Development Conference [1], Saturday, April 26th at
the Veteran's Memorial Center in Davis.  (Near the public library.)

We will be demonstrating Linux and other open source software,
answering questions about the use of free software for children and in
education, and we would also like to make hand-outs and software discs
available.

Along with volunteers to staff the booth for various times during the
day, we're also looking for volunteers who can do the following:

  * Create up-to-date handouts on the use of Linux & OSS in education
  * Print and photocopy those handouts  (LUGOD can likely reimburse for copies)
  * Research which CDROMs would be good for this event (e.g., Edubuntu)
  * Burn CDROMs  (LUGOD may be able to reimburse for, or provide, blank CDs)

Some of the research aspect of this has been done, and links are provided
on LUGOD's YCCDC project planning page at our website:

  http://www.lugod.org/projects/yccdc/

As an example of something specific that we need done, I just printed
LUGOD's "Reasons to Avoid Microsoft" web page, filtered to show only
education-related stories. [2]  It came out as four pages.  It would be nice
if someone created a new document, with a nice layout, that included only
the "best of" the articles, and fitted on exactly one page.

If you'd like to help with any of this, please let us know.
Feel free to e-mail me directly, or, preferably, post a message to our
'vox-outreach' mailing list. [3]

Thank you!

-bill!
sys@lugod.org