2008 Jan 30 14:20

[vox-outreach] Valley Oak Charter School [fwd]

----- Forwarded message from bstorm@djusd.k12.ca.us -----

Subject: Valley Oak Charter School
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:21:46 -0800
From: bstorm@djusd.k12.ca.us
To: root@lugod.org

Dear LUGOD,

As depressing as the DJUSD Board vote last week to deny the charter was
for about five minutes, as we enter the appeals process that denial
opens all kinds of opportunities for VOCS that would not have been there
had we remained a district school.  As we go through the appeals process
which are likely to succeed at the county or state levels, we will be
designing an autonomous school, and our technology will be gratifyingly
autonomous.  You folks contacted us some time ago and offered your
assistance, and should we get this school happening, I very much intend
to pursue funding to reconstitute our servers and work stations around
open source software, and (with luck & money) linux-based thin client
hardware.

I mainly wanted to give you a heads up re: our continuing efforts, and
hope we can get something going with you over the coming months.  The
next week or so of events will tell the tale as to whether the
neighborhood still wants a VOCS, so hopefully we'll be in touch.  I'll
be updating the website with news, and the Enterprise will be covering
us closely.

Many thanks!

Bill Storm

http://vocharter.org <http://vocharter.org/>

http://www.djusd.k12.ca.us/valleyoak/bstorm
<http://www.djusd.k12.ca.us/valleyoak/bstorm>

Bill Storm Online: http://billstorm.wordpress.com
<http://billstorm.wordpress.com/>

"Learning is experience. Everything else is just information." - Albert
Einstein

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Henry House