Re: [vox-outreach] Valley Oak Charter School

Re: [vox-outreach] Valley Oak Charter School

Gandalf Parker wrote:
On Tue, 4 Dec 2007, Bill Kendrick wrote:
In the meantime, I'm curious as to who here is interested in helping this
school out, if they wanted assistance from LUGOD members?  Thanks!
I would be very interested altho Im guessing you meant tech support.

I would be interested in teaching, or lecturing, or doing demonstrations on any number of things. I have a very general background and was going to get my teaching credentials with my military expreience when I got out (but they changed the rules on me just as I got there). Im not as good at deep tech as I am at explaining low tech.

One question, which I did not see on the sites FAQ. Its an elementary which is closing, and if they charter it then it would be an elementary again? I guess we could always bite the bullet. In my day computers were a college thing, in my sons day it become high school and was trickling down to jr high. Now Im seeing toy computers for pre-schoolers and kids as young as 9 asking questions online

Gandalf Parker