Re: [vox-outreach] Valley Oak Charter School

Re: [vox-outreach] Valley Oak Charter School

hi

On Dec 4, 2007 12:10 AM, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:

when
LUGOD contacted them to see if they were interested in utilizing Linux
and open source, and whether they wanted our help, they gave us an
emphatic "yes!"

Cool.  Really cool.

I don't know if you have contacted James Burgett at the Alameda County Computer Resource Center, but he has given away 16,000 FOSS computers to needy people and institutions.  You can apply here for free (as in beer and free as in freedom) computers:

http://www.accrc.org

You can also purchase FOSS computers at a decent price here.  This is a local mom n pop shop in Berkeley:

http://www.zareason.com

In the meantime, I'm curious as to who here is interested in helping this
school out, if they wanted assistance from LUGOD members?  Thanks!

I would be willing to film the school's process of migrating to FOSS.  Also, I have experience in implementing an Edubuntu thin client lab in a public middle school in San Francisco.  I would be willing to share with them what information I have.

--
Christian Einfeldt,
Producer, The Digital Tipping Point