Re: [vox-outreach] WEF preparations

Alex Mandel wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
Rod Roark wrote:
On Tuesday 08 May 2007 13:11, Jimbo wrote:

I have burned some cds but afraid to make any more. I have noticed that kubuntu live is very slow. I thought it was just on my pc until I saw it at the last installfest.

Has anybody noticed an unusually long load time for the latest ver of kubuntu?
Could I suggest SimplyMEPIS (www.mepis.org) instead? Frankly I'm
disappointed with Feisty, having encountered showstopper bugs with
both its RAID and CRT support. They should have delayed release and
put out a proper release candidate.

MEPIS is good stuff, truly desktop-ready. It's a KDE-based live CD
that is also installable to disk, loosely based on Ubuntu.

Rod

I concur.
I will give what I have and make some mepis and maybe throw in some others.

Lets make a cd count:
I (Jimbo) have:
7 Kubuntu
21 Mepis

Will drop them off at Nicks pad when I drop off canopy on Thursday. Nick I will call to refresh my memory banks as to directions about 10ish?

Jimbo