Re: [vox-outreach] WEF preparations

Nick Schmalenberger wrote:
On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 06:19:33AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 01:42:55AM -0700, Nick Schmalenberger wrote:

LUGOD needs volunteers for the booth at the Whole Earth Festival!
Post to vox-outreach or email nick@schmalenberger.us if you want to
volunteer with what you can do and when you can do it. We need CDs
burned, people to sit around at the booth, and if you have a really
fancy looking computer running linux that will make people bow in awe in
front of our booth, it would be good if you could bring that too.
Thanks!
I think we're covered, PC-wise. With the demo box, and no doubt SOMEONE
will have a laptop there at some point, I think we've got enough 'Linux'
available for folks to look at. Really, people love the discs, are
interested in the handouts, and enjoy talking to us about Open Source.
The _kids_ dig the PC with Tux Paint. ;)

Chris Mackenzie seemed to think that the demo box was really not good
enough, so that is why I said that. But I am personally satisfied with
it so I'll take anything.

I'll tidy this up and post to vox-announce, and maybe post another
newsitem to the web page.

I'll also send a reminder out to SacLUG's list.

Great, thanks.

I have burned some cds but afraid to make any more. I have noticed that kubuntu live is very slow. I thought it was just on my pc until I saw it at the last installfest.

Has anybody noticed an unusually long load time for the latest ver of kubuntu?

Jimbo