January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-outreach] WEF preparations

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 01:42:55AM -0700, Nick Schmalenberger wrote:
> LUGOD needs volunteers for the booth at the Whole Earth Festival!
> Post to vox-outreach or email nick@schmalenberger.us if you want to
> volunteer with what you can do and when you can do it. We need CDs
> burned, people to sit around at the booth, and if you have a really
> fancy looking computer running linux that will make people bow in awe in
> front of our booth, it would be good if you could bring that too.
> Thanks!

I think we're covered, PC-wise.  With the demo box, and no doubt SOMEONE
will have a laptop there at some point, I think we've got enough 'Linux'
available for folks to look at.  Really, people love the discs, are
interested in the handouts, and enjoy talking to us about Open Source.
The _kids_ dig the PC with Tux Paint. ;)

I'll tidy this up and post to vox-announce, and maybe post another
newsitem to the web page.

I'll also send a reminder out to SacLUG's list.

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/