Re: [vox-outreach] WEF preparations

Nick Schmalenberger wrote:
On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 12:35:36AM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
1.Can we get a general status update on how that CD burning is going?
(I've got 5 OpenCD, 10 Ubuntu in the burning process now)
FreeSMUG too. I see their CD is a dmg, didn't we have issues with that
before? What did we figure out? I'm downloading now, so I will look into
that, but I don't have an OSX machine right now.
I figured it out, you just burn the dmg to the disk. Its basically kinda like a giant tar/zip. Once on the Mac you open it and a theres a dmg for each program to install with.
2.Whenever someone throws together some handouts I'll start printing.
3.Also how about a tentative list of what times people can facilitate the booth.(Is anyone actually going to table Friday?)
I can do Friday, and the rest of the weekend too.
4.Starting Friday evening, I can arrange to store the materials on campus not to far from the Quad, I'll also bring my furniture dolly to facilitate the movement of materials.

Sounds good. Are you still planning on bringing the demo box you
prepared or is Chris Mackenzie going to bring his computer, or what?
Should we send out a general vox announce asking for volunteers?
Alex
yes.
Chris has the Demo Box, Henry has an LCD for us to use, I'll try to collect those and stash them on campus by thursday. I can't be there super early Friday so I'm going to talk with Dylan Beaudette and Dave Waetjen about setting it up on Friday since they have labs close to the quad too, and I'll be there at 6pm to tuck it away for the evening.

How about sending this to vox-tech:

LUGOD needs volunteers for the booth at the Whole Earth Festival!
Post to vox-outreach or email nick@schmalenberger.us if you want to
volunteer with what you can do and when you can do it. We need CDs
burned, people to sit around at the booth, and if you have a really
fancy looking computer running linux that will make people bow in awe in
front of our booth, it would be good if you could bring that too.
Thanks!