Re: [vox-outreach] WEF preparations

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 12:35:36AM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> 1.Can we get a general status update on how that CD burning is going?
> (I've got 5 OpenCD, 10 Ubuntu in the burning process now)
FreeSMUG too. I see their CD is a dmg, didn't we have issues with that
before? What did we figure out? I'm downloading now, so I will look into
that, but I don't have an OSX machine right now.
> 2.Whenever someone throws together some handouts I'll start printing.
> 3.Also how about a tentative list of what times people can facilitate
> the booth.(Is anyone actually going to table Friday?)
I can do Friday, and the rest of the weekend too.
> 4.Starting Friday evening, I can arrange to store the materials on
> campus not to far from the Quad, I'll also bring my furniture dolly to
> facilitate the movement of materials.

Sounds good. Are you still planning on bringing the demo box you
prepared or is Chris Mackenzie going to bring his computer, or what?
> Should we send out a general vox announce asking for volunteers?
> Alex
yes.

How about sending this to vox-tech:

LUGOD needs volunteers for the booth at the Whole Earth Festival!
Post to vox-outreach or email nick@schmalenberger.us if you want to
volunteer with what you can do and when you can do it. We need CDs
burned, people to sit around at the booth, and if you have a really
fancy looking computer running linux that will make people bow in awe in
front of our booth, it would be good if you could bring that too.
Thanks!