Re: [vox-outreach] Anyone actually burning discs yet?

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 09:13:25PM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> Bill Kendrick wrote:
> >If you can burn discs, please just go ahead and do so now!  Thanks! :)
> >
> No one responded to my last email to discuss how many and which Discs.
> Or how many we've passed out at previous WEFs.

Whoops, sorry! :^(

> I'm very hesitant to repeat free software day where we burned 50+ discs
> and gave away 5.

Admittedly, we had a pretty crappy location at the Farmer's Market
at SFD last year, from what I recall.  (I wasn't there, though.)

> So I've got the ISOs on my system but I'm not going to actually burn
> until we talk some more. With the number of people who offered we can
> burn 50 discs in 1 night easy so I'm no worried.

Meeting minutes from past years show:

  2002 [1] - 99 DemoLinux CDs & 30-40 Mandrake 8.1 CDs
             (We were only there Friday and Saturday; we ran out of
             handouts at 4pm on Saturday [2])

  2003 - Unknown (but apparently 250 Knoppix and many GNUWinII at GTC later
         that month)

  2004 - Unknown

  2005 [3] - 65 (out of 85) Knoppix discs,
             5 (out of 35) TheOpenCDs,
             45 (out of 45) The Open Source Software CDs,
             200 (out of 210) Ubuntu Live CDs and Install CDs (105 each),
             0 (out of 20) GNUWin II discs,
             5 (out of 5) PPC Linux LiveCDs
             10 (out of 10) "Writer's Software" (OSS discs LUGOD made)
             Or a total of: 330 discs given away

Much more than 50. ;)

[1] http://www.lugod.org/meeting/past/2002.05.20.php
[2] http://www.lugod.org/projects/wef/2002/