Re: [vox-outreach] Planning for WEF

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 02:15:59PM -0400, Alex Mandel wrote:

> I'm open all sat & sunday for setup/teardown etc.

To clarify, are you available all day Saturday and all day Sunday,
and available for teardown on Sunday?

Are you available all day Saturday, and only available for teardown on
Sunday?

Whole Earth starts Friday afternoon, and it sounded like people were
planning on having the booth set up for that.  (I think in past years,
sometimes we only showed up for Sat/Sun... someone correct me if I'm
wrong about any of this.)

<snip>
> What machine are we using, RSVP it for the installfest on the 28th and I'll provide TLC.

Good idea!  Who's got the thing?  Might I suggest putting Kubuntu on it?
(Or maybe just Xubuntu, since it's not a brand-spanking new box.
Or if the WEF booth staffers are more comfortable with GNOME, then I guess
regular Ubuntu would suffice, too ;^) )

I'll ping the officers to see who has the demo box, and see whether they
can attend the IF.  If NOT, perhaps they can drop it off with you.
In either case, though, the machine should be RSVPed.

> >  * Print and photocopy handouts (recycled paper would seem the most
> >    appropriate, of course)
>
> I'll donate a ream(500sheets) of 30% recycled paper(I bought a box a while back a still have a ton) and printing time on my duplex laser, just get me a good pdf to print.

Awesome, thanks a ton!

> Jimbo brought the tent last September to FreeSoftwareDay I think.

I'll ping him and see if he was going to try and attend WEF this year, and
can bring it again.  If not, do we have a backup plan?

> I also think I saw some folding chairs in my house the other day I'll ask my housemate about.
>
> See some of you tonight - Alex

Thanks Alex!

Finally, did we ever contact Canonical about getting some Ubuntu or Kubuntu
discs shipped to us for this event?

If not, we should try to do so ASAP!  It'd be a great solution to the
question of disc handouts!

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/