[vox-outreach] Planning for WEF

On LUGOD's IRC channel[1], Bryan R., Nick S., Henry H. and I have been talking
at each other about Whole Earth Festival[2] and our booth there[3].

Bryan says he can help all three days, since he'll have time on Friday to
help, but may not be able to help tear-down on Sunday.

Nick asked what kinds of things we still need to do to ready ourselves
for WEF, aside from getting CDs.

Here's my list:

  * Prepare the demo machine (make sure it's got a nice up-to-date distro
    with lots of user-oriented apps for people to look at... don't forget
    Tux Paint!)

  * Print and photocopy handouts (recycled paper would seem the most
    appropriate, of course)

  * Get the tent, tables and chairs (Nick will be driving the supplies to UCD
    on Friday)

He also asked where we got our tent from in previous years.  I don't
recall, and suggested he check the vox-outreach list archives from this
time last year.  In the meantime, I may as well ask here now. :^)  Well?

Finally, Henry asked: "assuming we are in fact being given a booth,
don't I need to pay a fee to WEF administration?"

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, Henry... whether we're getting
a free booth?  Whether we've paid already?  (In which case I guess you'll
be getting a reimbursement form from someone... Nick, I guess?)

In any case, Nick, what's the actual status of our booth at WEF, and has
it been paid for already?

Finally, I've added some to-do items to the WEF page:

  http://www.lugod.org/projects/wef/

Please discuss things here as much as possible.  (Especially since some of
us don't look at IRC very often, if at all!)  (Plus, the list is archived!)

Thanks!

-bill!

[1] #lugod on irc.freenode.net
    See: http://www.lugod.org/irc/