2006 Oct 08 12:56

[vox-outreach] Re: Knnoppix bad disc

På 2006-10-03, skrev d brunicardi:
> Hello,
> I got a knoppix disc at the farmers market a couple
> weeks ago and am just getting to using it. BUT it
> seems to be defective. I am trying to run from the cd
> drive and it stopps loading at   Starting udev
> hot-plug hardware detection.....    and that's all I
> get - it just stops.
> Is there any way to get another good disc? The problem
> is that I'm now in Boise Idaho and will be for a good
> while so can you mail? I can send postage.
> Thanks
> Dan
> dbrunicardi@yahoo.com

A bad CD is a possibility, but this could also mean that you have some
hardware that is not supported/incompatible with the hardware
autodetection program on that disk. I can mail you a selection of live
CDs that may work better for you if I know what kind of computer you
have. (A donation of a few dollars to cover postage would be
appreciated.) Just let me know.

--
Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13