2006 Sep 17 11:34

Re: [vox-outreach] SFD tomorrow!

Jimbo wrote:
It's crunch time!!!!!

Me and Tim will have some breakfast at bakers square (close to the farmers market) at 6ish to transition into the day. Alex will you be coming by? 6 is early for most people. Afterwards we will set up at CP near the mysterious tan structure.

Hopefully I can get a strong enough signal to do a little wifi.

I got some pclinux cd's burned. This is the best live cd I have seen so far. Configures beautifully on my kids pcs as well as mine. Guess I will have about 10?

Tim brought up a good point in which these cds will "stale", i.e., they will go obsolete very fast due to advancing technology in software. Whatever I have left over I hope that our members can take and use. There are a lot of cds so don't be shy.

Gotta go dig up stuff, make labels.

Blue devils are playing tonite so GO BLUE DEVILS!!!!!

Jimbo
Ya, 6am's a little early for me and I prefer a Farmer's Market breakfast. I should be at the Farmer's Market by 8am with my contributions and to help out.

The stale issue is exactly why I didn't burn too many CDs, maybe we can put a box with some disk, literature and a sign by the terminal at the coop at the end of the day.

We can work that out tomorrow,
Alex

PS: If anyone wants to get their elbows dirty with Plone, I'm having bug fix/user experience improvement(kind of like a sprint but not as technical) party at might house in the afternoon for the Campus Center for the Environment (cce.ucdavis.edu). Stop by or email me for details.