2006 Sep 12 13:41

Re: [vox-outreach] [demo][farmer market] OpenCD Copies

Re: [vox-outreach] [demo][farmer market] OpenCD Copies

Bill Kendrick wrote:
On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 10:52:46PM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
Well I meant Ryan with the Robot duplicator. But new problem. I
downloaded the Freesmug.dmg image and figured I should convert it to iso
and burn. dmg2iso.pl failed and I couldn't get dmgextractor.jar to run.
So I copied the file to my friend's Mac and he tried to burn it at which
point it said that the image was 768 MB. The file is really 668 MB and
the md5 checks.
At this point I'm not sure what to do. On my friends Mac we mounted the
original dmg and it does contain Directories filled with other dmg
files. So I could just burn the file onto a CD instead of burning the
image to disk. I just wasn't sure if this would be too complicated for
some users.
Can you try to extract all of the smaller DMGs out of the big DMG (on the Mac),
and then burn those to a disc, and duplicate it?

(To simply reduce it by one step.)

If not, I GUESS it's ok to just burn one big DMG file onto a disc, and
let the Mac people navigate into it.  Dunno if that'd eat a lot of RAM, or
what.  I don't really know how DMGs are handled... I figure they're kind of
like using a loopback to mount an ISO filesystem on Linux.

That's exactly what my plan was, except the files once extracted from the disk image are bigger than a cd. DMG is a compressed disk image.

So Jimbo there is no iso & don't worry about burning them I can do it tonight(I have 2 burners on a fast machine and a spindle of blanks), I was just trying to solve this odd space issue first.

If someone picks off what flyers and how many I can start printing those tonight too.

Alex