January 6: Social gathering
2006 Sep 12 18:48

Re: [vox-outreach] [demo][farmer market] OpenCD Copies

On Sun, Sep 10, 2006 at 09:08:37PM -0700, Jim George wrote:
> I don't have too many disks but will give you what I have if you
> need some.  I already have burned theopenoffice cds and am in the
> process if making some artwork.

Question -- did we receive any discs from Software Freedom Day, like we
did last year?  I know Henry signed us up for this year's event.  Did they
ship us any Ubuntu or TheOpenCD discs?

Also, it may be worth asking Henry if it's ok to buy some blank CDRs and
then invoice LUGOD and get reimbursed for it.  Henry?

<snip>
> Tables?

Ryan?

> Chairs?

Uh.  I don't know that we have any.  Maybe you guys should bring your own?

> How 'bout a big ass penguin? :/

We have a huge LUGOD Watertower logo sign...  Get it from [whoever has it].
(Ryan? Henry? Nick?)

Here it is at our booth at GTC in Sacramento, back in May 2004:

  http://lugod.org/photos/2004.05.13/IM000413.jpg

It's big.  You'll want to hang it off your canpoy, or in front of the table,
or on a easel.  Big metal clips would be useful.

-bill!
(Cc'ing Henry in case he's not paying attention to this list right now :) )