2006 Sep 05 14:22

[vox-outreach] farmers market

10:15= spoke to Nancy at Farmer's Market Comitee |530-756-1695|, confirmed that it is a first come first serve basis but don't have the luxury to pick any place to set up booth. According to Nancy, all non profit organizations are to use the N side of the market. Nancy also stated since it is a first come first serve basis that we (me) should be there at 6am! I will be there. It appears that we have set up booths next to the tan structure at the NE part of CP.

I will go to Common Grounds and have some flyers there ( next to the condommints). Don't have a lot right now but will make a lot more. I will also submit info to davis enterprise.

I was going to make a trial run of wifi accessibility at CP with my pc but since I have read that others have accessed this i will not go thru the trouble. I have my boy's psp and will try to confirm that I can access wifi at proposed booth location.

That said, there are some things that I still need to work out:

Where can I get chairs, tables and props? How 'bout lit? software?

I will use my own pc but sure can use some help cleaning it up. I will also post vox tech details and plea for help. I will try to set up not only debian but other free distros on it as well.

In conclusion: I will do the very best that I can to make this event sucessful. If I have overstepped my boundaries as to just doing things please tell me and I will back off. So far no one has said anything so I have gone hog wild over this. Having a good time doing this as well! Sick huh? I have oodles of time now since being laid off my job as a mechanic at Maita Toyota. So if you need advice on your car see me on the 16th. Finding knowledgable linux users and mechanics is very hard indeed.

Jimbo