2006 Sep 01 10:45

Re: [vox-outreach] Advertising SFD

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Kendrick" <nbs@sonic.net>
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 8:11 AM
Subject: Re: [vox-outreach] Advertising SFD

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 11:27:54PM -0700, Jimbo wrote:
I have one of those fold out tent thingys that has a canopy. 10X10. Will
suit our needs well.

If you are sure that I can get a spot and don't have to set up at 5:30
then I will sleep in and set up at 6:30 :)
Heh, even that seems a bit early.  FM starts at 8:00am, right?
What did the FM people say? -- both about spot-availability, and
what time they think you should get there?
Fm say that it is a first come first serve basis. Davis sys admin states that the best signal would be close to the rec room (?). I am a freak about doing things early. With wifi access I will be there all day long.

I have made a flyer in png format.  Unfortunatly I am unable to set up a
png picture on my web site
Explain...!? :)
If you are reffering to the png: png is another format of image file, like jpeg, gif, tiff, that is very editable. Png files retain all of their layers and editing caracteristics (but don't quote me) when used with a program built for such.

For some reason I cannot get png files to come up on my site. I can't ftp to my site as well. Called Charter (isp provider) a few days ago...was told that they were having issues with ftp (as well as some other issues). I was to able in the past in which a window would come up asking my for name and password. Here is the link
http://webpages.charter.net/evesautomotive/Untitled-1.png . People can d/l from there if so desired.

I just tested this link and it does work but be forewarned...it is an extremly heavy file. Don't access if you have dial up. It is enormous when viewed in a browser but once I load it into my graphic editing program, it comes up perfect for printing on a regular sheet of paper. Looks dam good on photo paper!

however I scaled it down and changed it to a
jpeg and it is now on the bottom of my index page
http://webpages.charter.net/evesautomotive/ .
Cool!  I can put a copy on LUGOD's website in the Flyers section, too.

Please give me ideas.
For and changes to the flyer that anyone thinks needs to be changed.
(Sorry, I just woke up... got about 5.5hrs sleep :^( )