2006 Aug 30 22:33

Re: [vox-outreach] Software Freedom Day

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 07:36:20PM -0700, Jimbo wrote:
> Looks like farmers market is the place to be (or borders?).  I went to the
> farmers market lugod how-to link mentioned on the reply email you sent me.
> Old, broken links-need update.

Oops, yeah, sorry.  I'll have to go through that doc.  The FM website has
lived countless places over the years.  Glad they finally got a .ORG domain
for it.  Sheesh ;^)

> Googled and found http://www.davisfarmersmarket.org/info/  in which I left
> a phone msg.  Don't know if someone form lugod has contacted them, forgive
> me if I am going past my boundries.

I think you're the guy, this time! :^)  So thanks! :^)

> I will pursue this with gusto if given the green light.
>
> Would love to set this up eeeeaaarrrrllyyyyyyyyyy...packing some coffee and
> donuts.

There are often yummy pastries to be found at the FM itself, remember! :)

> I did receive email stating coop is negative.
>
> Tim if you are moniotoring this maybe you would like to help me on
> saturday??
>
> How bout books?

Discs are usually easier to give away at an event like this, since people
are there to buy food, and won't be expecting to come home with a fat Linux
book.  Discs, OTOH, can be stashed in a purse, in a bag next to the lettuce,
etc.... pretty safely and easily. :)

Thx!

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/