2006 Aug 27 10:41

[vox-outreach] Re: Software Freedom Day

On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 08:49:16AM -0700, Henry House wrote:
> På 2006-08-25, skrev Bill Kendrick:
> >
> > BTW, are we having a demo on Software Freedom Day (Sept. 16th)???
> >
> > See:  http://www.lugod.org/news/item.php?show=2006-07-18+14:05
>
> Yes! I've registered as the team leader for 2006. The page on
> softwarefreedomday.org still lists last year's info, alas. *
> I've been too busy recently to figure out how to update it. It looks
> like I either need your username and password from 2005, or need to use
> some procedure to become the owner of that page.
>
> * http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/teams/america/USA/CA/Davis

Thanks, Henry.  I tried asking their site to email me my username/password,
but nothing took (I tried "pr@lugod.org", "root@lugod.org", "sys@lugod.org",
"bill@newbreedsoftware.com" and "nbs@sonic.net").

So, I think you just need to create an account.

Have we booked somewhere (e.g., the Davis Food Co-Op) for that date?

Once things are figured out, I can begin advertising the event, as well as
haras^H^H^H^H^Hlooking for volunteers to help with the event.

What's the status of the LUGOD Demo machine?  Do we have discs to give out?
Can we (still) get some from the SFD folks, or will we need to burn a bunch?

What about handouts and flyers for the club, and for OSS/Linux?

Thanks!