[vox-outreach] Re: [vox-officers] [Fwd: LUGOD interested in PCs?]

[vox-outreach] Re: [vox-officers] [Fwd: LUGOD interested in PCs?]

Steve

The originator of the notice of these computers being given away is being cc'd (Seth Duffey). I'm not sure if he has contacts with schools. My impression is Davis schools are rather entrenched with Microsoft and have too much money to be motivated to change due to cost savings. Schools in the surrounding area might be interested (Dixon, West Sac.). Maybe the City of Davis itself would be interested in a thin client setup? Then the computers wouldn't need to go anywhere!

I'm cc'ing vox-outreach to see if someone has idea or would like to step in here.

Jonathan
Chair, LUGOD

Steve Hargadon wrote:
Yes, they are perfect thin clients.   I wonder if there might not be a
project we could do with them to help out a local school and get some
publicity for Linux?

Who do I contact?