2004 Sep 21 10:48

[vox-outreach] Article: "Are you an Open Source bigot?"

[vox-outreach] Article: "Are you an Open Source bigot?"

This may be good reading for those planning on speaking at the CPR hearing
on the 27th...

  Are you an Open Source Bigot?
  by Josh Coates, Internet Archive
  http://www.acmqueue.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=156

    "I considered writing this anonymously because there is a large
    population of open source zealots who are about as obtuse and
    vindictive as the folks over at SCO, and I'm not excited to get on
    their bad side. At Berkeley I was on the Linux User Group board when a
    bunch of members organized a 'proselytizing session' in Sproul
    Plaza. This was around the time that Windows 98 was launched, so the
    time was right to 'stick it to the man.'"