Re: [vox-outreach] Any word on GTC day 2?

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 09:47:38PM -0700, David King wrote:
> I forgot to add that nobody knows the root password to the demo machine! I
> can't think of why it would be needed short of installing software, but sudo
> with "apt-get install" as an allowed command might be a help in future
> demos, there were several people to whom I spoke that I'd have liked to show
> specific software packages that suited their needs (RoseGarden, various
> network configuration tools, and so on) to show that they are available. We
> might want to make an ISO to recreate the hard drive after every demo so we
> can just give the demo'ers root access without fear of damaging the install

Good idea.  I'll see if Mike Simons can set that up for us when he gets the
demo machine back.

Speaking of Mike getting the demo maching back, I'm /guessing/ he's
coming to the Installfest this Saturday, assuming it doesn't get
cancelled!  If not, I can drop it off at his place in Dublin on my way
back to San Jose on Sunday night...