Re: [vox-outreach] Re: More volunteers still needed for Gov't Tech Conf

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 10:57:59AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > It would have to be a week loan (I have no place to put them where I
> > live :( )
>
> I could hide them at my apt. here in Davis, I guess.  (I don't think Melissa
> will care TOO much if we just shove them up in the office, upstairs.)

When is the setup for GTC? If I pick them up (see below) I could store
them here, but I'm not sure I can get them to GTC for setup. (IIRC last
year we brought our tables in on Tues. afternoon. As long as this
doesn't happen too late I can make it. I start work at 3:15pm)

> > Do you(or anyone going) have a van/truck?
>
> I do not.  I do not know who out here does.  (Please speak up!)

I do.

[snip]
> > They're out in a storage place near where I live (Rio Linda, probably half
> > hr from davis)  The only real problem is timing, the place is open 9-6
> > Mon-Sat, which makes getting it on a weekday next to impossible (my best
> > time leaving work got me home at 5:50)  How about a saturday?  Could you
> > get it on the 8th?
>
> D'oh!  >If< I'm back in town on the 8th, I'll probably either be gathering up
> more junk for my own move down in San Jose, or trying to help out with WEF.

I'm in Citrus Heights, which is probably a lot closer to both Rio Linda,
and Downtown Sac (GTC location). Saturdays are also good days for me.

Oh, and I guess I'm volunteering to at least show up to GTC Friday
afternoon for teardown so I can take these things back. I'm actually
hoping to make it there for most of Friday, but my wife's having surgery
the day before, so I'm not sure I can commit to much more than an hour
or so that day.