Re: [vox-outreach] GTC: 60 word, Booth Description Needed

Re: [vox-outreach] GTC: 60 word, Booth Description Needed

I'd like to see minimizing the information on about "who we are" and more
on "why come to our booth."  A sentence or two like this:

   LUGOD promotes professional-quality free software
   that can enhance various businesses and organizations.
   Please come to our booth to find out how your
   business or organization can benefit from this
   exciting new movement that's sweeping the nation!

(It's technically not a new movement, but [nbc]if they haven't seen it,
it's new to them![/nbc] ^.^;)

And we don't have to use up all 60 words just because we *can* have 60
words.  People don't like to read and fewer words are more likely to grab
people's attention than more words (I would think!)

And use "lugod.org" instead of "www.lugod.org" to save a word, just in
case "www.lugod.org" counts as three... ;)

-Mark

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 09:04:18PM -0400, Mike Simons wrote:
> > Suggestions on a good 60 word description?
>
> Seriously, how about this?
>

> The Linux Users' Group of Davis           <- 5
> is a non-profit organization              <- 10
> dedicated to Linux and other              <- 15
> Open Source software.  It holds           <- 20
> regular meetings with guest presenters,   <- 25
> special events and workshops, and         <- 30
> works with local community groups.        <- 35
>
> LUGOD's 400 members interact both         <- 40
> online and off, and composed              <- 45
> a diverse group of technical              <- 50
> professionals, students and hobbiests.    <- 54
>
> Visit www.lugod.org for more information. <- 59?  or 61?  depends on how
>                                              they count the URL
>

> *shrug*  I dunno.  Not very good, but a start!
>
> -bill!
> (distracted by phonecalls & such, so took a long time ;) )

Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius
Homepage: http://www.cbreak.org/
Xanga: http://www.xanga.com/vindaci