Re: [vox-outreach] CheapBytes discounts!

Re: [vox-outreach] CheapBytes discounts!

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 08:29:33AM -0700, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
<snip>
> if the cd actually gets used.

Seems most people don't have too big of a problem with us doing it.
I spoke with Mike Simons on the phone just now, and he said that at
qty 500, he was afraid we'd have a ton of leftovers that we'd be forced
to discard.

However, I reminded him that we gave out ~300 Knoppix discs at last year's
GTC.  That doesn't count Knoppix discs at WEF, and GNUWin discs at both
events!  So Mike seems okay with the idea, now. :^)

> Can LUGOD afford it?

I spoke with Henry House on the phone today to get HIS opinion.
He also seems okay with the idea, but wants to double-check our budget.
(If we make GTC, we'll still need to spend ~$100 on power.  WEF's paid for.)

LUGOD's current officers will be having a short meeting (probably next Monday)
to discuss.  I hope that, by then, we'll know IF we're even going to GTC yet.
:^)