Re: [vox-outreach] Davis Homeless Shelter

on Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 11:36:44PM -0700, Bill Kendrick (nbs@sonic.net) wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 10:09:34PM -0700, Trevor M. Lango wrote:
> <snip>

> > |   * Donate PC hardware  [sounds like new monitors might be called for,
> > too!]
> >
> > I don't have monitors, but I have miscellaneous other hardware.
>
> I've recently been offered a Pentium 90MHz with a 15" monitor.
> I said 'maybe.' ;^)  (Hi, John, if you're out here!)

I've found that used electronics stores, Halted Electronic Supply among
them, have perfectly serviceable 17" monitors (1152x864 res or better)
available.  For ~$20.

New 19" CRTs are as low as ~$150-$250.

Peace.

    Save Bob Edwards!       http://www.savebobedwards.com/