Re: [vox-outreach] Contacted CheapBytes for WEF/GTC discs

on Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 03:56:57AM -0700, Bill Kendrick (nbs@sonic.net) wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 02:09:42AM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> [snip $1/disc]
> >
> > With media, labels, and sleeves, that's actually pretty reasonable.
> > It's only a few pennies over my own costs (but then I pay for media).
>
> Okay. :^)
>

> > My own burn time is about 5 minutes a disk, so 100 disks is chunk of
> > time.
>
> Yeah. :^(  That's one of the biggest problems.  To get any kind of
> good quantity out, we need an army of burners. :^/

Or a bunch of numbutz who run a looped burn script with auto-ejects.  I
can get ~70 disks out in a six hour session, if I'm reasonably
dilligent.

> <snip>
> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > Feel like printing a few hundred? ;)
> >
> > Got me a deal on stock?  The real hassle is hand-feeding the damned
> > labels through my laserjet (they jam through the manual tray).
>
> Dunno.  Only ever printed labels once, and it was at Pete's, using
> his label paper.  I've never bothered sticker-labelling the few discs
> I've ever gotten around to burning...

Hint:  Put the labels face down when pealing them.  Otherwise the curl
is murder.

I'm getting frighteningly good at burning/labeling.

Peace.

   Hollings:  bought, paid for, but couldn't deliver the CBDTPA:
     http://www.politechbot.com/docs/cbdtpa/hollings.s2048.032102.html