[vox-outreach] Homeless shelter; meeting set up!

[vox-outreach] Homeless shelter; meeting set up!

I just spoke with Bill Pride at the Davis Community Meals
(the homeless shelter and resource center in Davis)
and they're definitely interested in getting help from LUGOD.

They're currently using some old Pentium II systems running Windows 98,
Microsoft Office (MSExcel and probably MSWord for internal casework stuff,
and MSWord for letting people write resumes; no doubt MSIE for browsing job
sites).  They also have some payroll software.

I asked if he'd like to meet some time soon to discuss plans, and he
suggested next Tuesday (April 27th) at 4pm.

Trevor (and other interested parties), does this work well for you?
If not, I can email or call him and suggest another day and/or time to meet.

Jonathan's P3'd definitely be an upgrade from one of the PCs they have now.
As for their current P2s, they can probably be freshened up and resurrected
as Linux boxes.  If they think they need MORE computers (e.g., more public
access terminals), then the P2s people have offered (e.g., Marc Hall)
would probably be suitable.

Anyway, let me know!  Thx!